Formal Letter of Introduction

Anisa Haxhi 

160 Convent Ave

New York, NY, 10031  

February 2, 2021

Dear Ms.Rodwell,

I am Anisa Haxhi, one of your students in your Writing for Engineering class. My major in Civil engineering.

I have big plans about my future life. One of these plans is to finish college and to graduate for Civil Engineering. This has been my dream, and now has turned to a plan, since I was a little girl. I like being out there, seeing the process of building something, and knowing that I am contributing to that too. I know I will have an amazing feeling after finishing a project and walking by that, after a long time, and seeing how my work is still in great shape. I will give whatever it takes to make it happen. Of course, after graduating from college, I will use the diploma to get a job in my field. I am not saying that it will be easy. It will take a lot of effort, studying time and probably I will miss some time from hanging out with my family and friends, but achieving goals comes with a price and I am ready to take that price. I want to spend my life focusing on my career, but my parents keep mentioning to me that I should get married one day. Even though I am not very enthusiastic about this, maybe I will rethink about getting married after my 30’s. Right now, I do not live with my parents. They live in another country, in my birth country, Albania. I want to be able to bring them here one day, and this is one of many reasons why I want to focus on my career. I do not want them to come here, in the USA and work. I will try to offer them a good life as they are living their old age.

What I mentioned above, as you can understand,  are my long term plans/goals. Of course, as most of us, I have my short term plans/ goals. The first thing that I am focusing on right now is school. I did a great job during last semester and I want to keep that high expectation for myself even for this semester. But since last year was a waste of time for me, I was not very productive, I decided to focus on myself this year. Because it was a great match that Monday was also the first of February, and the first day of classes for me, I thought it would be the best day to start a new semester, a new week, a new month and why not a new year, even though it’s a little bit late. Discipline. This is what I am following this “new me” phase. I made a schedule for everyday, so I do not waste time doing nothing or stupid things that are not productive. The only thing left that I have to do is to find a job. Since I do not have any classes during the weekend, I hope I can find a job for those days. I have been applying to different jobs since October 2020, but no one has called me for an interview, and this has stressed me to be honest. I hope this will not affect me or what I am planning to do.

This was all about me, my long term and short term plans. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to share my plans and thoughts with you.

Sincerely,

Anisa Haxhi