Self Reflection Memo for Lab Report Analysis

TO: Professor Crystal Rodwell

FROM: Anisa Haxhi

DATE: April 3rd, 2021

The purpose of the Lab Report Analysis Essay was to give information about three lab reports. The information was about the format that each lab report was following and the impact that it has to the reader. Since the purpose of the paper is to give information about those three lab reports, the genre of the paper is informative. The motivation of this paper is to find what are things that make a good lab report. All three lab reports were analyzed for each section, to realize what made each lab report a good one. Each lab report was missing something or didn’t explain something the right way. In the paper was included every good and bad thing about each part of the lab report.

The audience of this paper was the students and scientists. These types of audience are most likely to read the paper, because they need to know what they should include in their lab report, in order to write a full, well developed lab report. The language of the paper was formal. The words that were used were understandable, except from the words that were mentioned from the lab report. Those kinds of words were more complex, and lees used in our everyday talking. The word “Student” includes a large group of people in different levels, so the paper is able to be understandable from a very large range of this group. The context is to inform students about the strengths and weaknesses on lab reports. 

Writing this paper was very helpful for me to practice summarizing, analyzing, and citing sources. At the beginning it was very difficult for me, but now I am more comfortable to use different databases to get the information that I need. I am a student majoring in Civil engineering, so all the skills that I was able to learn and to improve on my journey to write this paper, will help later in my career as a student.