Self-Reflection memo on Technical Description

TO: Professor Crystal Rodwell

FROM: Anisa Haxhi

DATE: April 7, 2021

The purpose of the Technical Description was to inform the reader about a product. The information about the product includes the history, physical information of the product, parts, function etc. The genre of the paper was informative, since it is giving information about a product. The motivation of the paper is to give a detailed information about each part and subpart of the product. The product is broken down to the smallest pieces, and each piece is explained. For each part and subpart, the reader has information about the size, material, function etc. 

The audience of this paper is everyone who wants to get this product or a similar product to the one mentioned in the Technical Description. If someone wants to buy this product or something similar, they can read this paper and learn more about the product and what are the differences of this product from others. The language of the paper is formal, so everyone who reads it will be able to understand it. The context is to inform the reader about the product, its parts and its subparts.

Writing this paper was very helpful for me to practice researching, citing sources, getting too deep in the details. This paper will be very helpful for me in the future, because I am a student majoring in Civil Engineering, and I will face a lot of new products throughout my career as a student and later in life in my job. Now that I know how to gather information about a product, a new product won’t be new to me for that long anymore.